I have some questions about OpenAI Gym / RoboSchool

Hi everyone!

I have some questions about OpenAI Gym / RoboSchool, for simulating an AI human baby.

So I’ve been working with Blender Game Engine / UPBGE and have already created most of the baby ex. its physics/ragdoll/etc. I love Blender and have everything to create an ultra realistic sim of a real human baby.

Q1: What exactly are the differences between OpenAI Gym / RoboSchool and Blender Game Engine? Both use Bullet Physics, both have um err not-so-fancy Rendering (BGE/UPBGE will give me it soon though), both have scripting ability (in fact python), and 4thly both have objects/animations/rigging/constraints etc. …BGE has lots, what makes OpenAI Gym / RoboSchool better? I think I read that it has things set up like breeding or environments, however I’m coding my AI from scratch my own way, with no genetic breeding for evolving actions/robots.

Q2: Aren’t those light brown wooden stick guys and spiders Google’s? Is OpenAI Gym / RoboSchool being used / made by GOOGLE? And yous are using Google’s googly-awesome sim software?

Q3: In my software BGE, I move Rigid Body objects of the invisible ragdoll by physics forces, actuators. If you rotate or linearly move a limb of the robot, it will spin your robot round n round. Not natural. Every force has an opposite reaction force. I want to know, when you look at those light brown stick guys / spiders from OpenAI Gym / RoboSchool, are they using a motor in between two limbs that makes the two limbs rotate opposite ways? Please stress this if so. Our limbs don’t do this I think, they do but its hidden and you don’t see the two limbs rotating, they have two pulley rods in the preceding limb that meet/repel and pull the below limb up/down (every force has an opposite reaction force, just that the 2 are hidden in the above limb as linearly-moving rods, pulling the below limb up/down).

Q4: This goes with the above question. Do yous do any tricks like the following for accurate limb rotations/linear-rotations? - When the limb reaches its rotational limit, discontinue rotational/linear force, and maybe even apply a identical but opposite direction force? Or do yous rotate the limbs / OR use linear force on the limbs, and, then, have an anti-object that collides with it so it doesn’t pass its rotational limit and stops when meets the other object? This is what I explained above how I think we work.

This forum is too quite. I’m interested in using the simulator software. But don’t know why because Blender BGE is better/as-good software (it’s a clone!). ONLY differences is your software has set-up thingies, which I have 0 care for.

Someone that knows this gym software, please explain, if you care to create AI.