OpenAI for Optimizing Borders and Cross-Border Relationships

Discussions of government centralization vs. decentralization trends has been occurring recently. I am of the decentralization camp.

I have been using my study of human history and trying to relate it to how to achieve greater world peace and prosperity by trying to achieving the optimum decentralization of governments.

I am a systems engineer. I believe that OpenAI technology can be applied to maximum benefit of humanity, by developing a simulation model by the open source developer community that allows calculation of the optimum level of decentralization and inter-governmental relationships in the world, where the calculations are made by an open source system that everyone can trust, with the results of the calculations monitored by the citizens and enforced by the people onto their governments, in improvement steps that are sized to be understandable and implementable without war.

I believe that all of the worlds people would agree that this would be an ambitious yet very worthwhile goal for the use of AI technology if it was implemented properly, e.g. via OpenAI.

The same engine that calculates those results can also suggest trading relationships between all of the independent entities in a way to ensure maximum stability (power balancing) of those relationships, where mutually beneficial trading relationships incentivize both parties to maintain stable relationships.

If you study world history, you realize that trusting human leaders is typically very bad for your future, and that there can be a better way, where power is never highly consolidated in one place, which would break the normal cycles of corruption associated with governmental change processes.

If we can get the people to trust a worldwide open source system’s suggestions before they trust their human leader’s suggestions, then you likely have achieved self-correcting stability. Having the OpenAI community help create this system would add legitimacy to the trustworthiness of the system in the process, due to government not being involved.

The system could possibly be continuously vetted by a blockchain style process, where all of the players would have a vested interest in ensuring that the system does not get corrupted by the traditional systemic corruption that occurs in human based systems.

A project like this could achieve the appropriate future resonance with the world’s citizen’s, forcing their governments to behave, downsize, and likely allow the flourishing of many micro-nations. Think of the proposed system like an AI based oracle, where its suggestions gain ever more credibility as the code is optimized by non-government affiliated interests, and where its previously implemented suggestions proved wise.

The same system concept could be used to benefit any entity, including state, county, and city level governments, as well as businesses, to allow them to know how much to grow, what business partnerships might make the best sense, as a means of maximizing stability in the business world.

The implementation of the system suggestions would not be forced on anyone, but would assume that the incremental outputs of that system would eventually be widely accepted and voluntarily implemented. The system outputs would be both a projection of the ultimate system that would be projected to occur if the system evolution suggestions were implemented, as well as projections of what the world could look like if minimal evolutionary next steps took place by the varying affected parties. With the appropriately vetted system inputs and a range of future world model projections to analyze, the scientists of the world could lend their credence to the system, leading to the citizens accepting the model, and finally to the governments accepting the model.

The modeling would be based upon a number of goals, such as:

• Present the ultimate world system model based on currently known variables
  • Present a range of next step projections, identifying affected parties and what they would need to agree to do, so that decision makers could observe the evolution of the model through several progressions to gain confidence in how the model eventually provides the benefit to them, allowing for lockstep voluntary implementations of the suggestions
  • Ensure that system constraints include optimizing the world system for symbiotic human living