OpenAI universe exhibit to get kids interested in CS/AI

Hi everyone,

So, just for a little background, I’m a third year CS major with some knowledge of machine learning, a little bit of knowledge of reinforcement learning, and just about zero knowledge of OpenAI Universe. I’ve recently been tasked with coming up with a “kid friendly” exhibit at my college to get kids interested in CS/AI, and after getting my environment set up and playing around a little bit with some examples (pong, a racing flash game, and slither.io), I think this could make a really cool exhibit to show off to kids.

After all, video games and AI, what kid wouldn’t be into that?

So right now, I figure I could just set up one of the already solved agents and say “Look kids, the AI is playing a game!”, but I this really wouldn’t showcase the learning aspect, which is the coolest part. It would also be ideal to have something interactive to get the kids engaged with the exhibit. I have some ideas, but since, like I said, I really haven’t had that much experience with OpenAI, I was hoping some of you might be willing to give me a little bit of direction. I have some ideas, but I’m really not 100% sure on the ease or feasibility of them.

Does OpenAI have any sort of tool for utilizing user examples? I was thinking it could be cool to do something like what Amiibo does, but with a much simpler game so it could learn in say 30 minutes. Is that even feasible? Could I speed up this process through something like transfer learning, and would OpenAI have a way to do that?

Is anyone aware of any interesting OpenAI visualization tools for when it’s learning? Anything that I could show to the kids to display how it’s actually playing the game and getting better.

Is OpenAI still looking for human examples? It mentioned adding to the play database somewhere when I was signing up for the Beta, but I can’t seem to find any more information on it around here. I figure if I can’t come up with any other interactive piece, I could at least have them play games and contribute to science while doing so.

If any of you guys have any other ideas for something interactive within OpenAI universe that could engage the kids, I would love to hear it!